Sunday, April 29, 2012

Exercise?

How do you feel about exercise?  
I personally Love it.  Even though I do it every day I sometimes wonder why I can't lose the weight that I should.  It is so important to exercise regularly.  Find things that you enjoy doing and get out there and do them!
10 reasons to exercise.
1.  It helps boost your mood.  It makes you happy, it releases endorphins that help with your mood.  Me as a mommy to a lot of little people I am so much happier when I get my work outs in.  I love doing them in the morning, mostly before the kids are awake.  It's my quite time, my peaceful, relaxing, thinking, or just plain watching crap TV time.  And I don't ever feel bad watching 1-2 hours of tv while working out!
2.  It helps with your brain.  It makes you able to remember things, and be more productive during work.  I haven't worked in years, but have friends who do.  They tell me they get tired in the afternoons, I suggested they go for a walk at lunch for 10 minutes, to get a break from the office and clear their heads, they have said this helps a lot!
3.  Stress, anyone?  I am prone to being a little stressed at times.  Most individuals are.  When working out though it helps to melt it away.  It is a positive thing to work out and melt away your stress.  The energy, the way you feel about your self when doing it and after will affect how you feel in all of your life.  For me personally, when I feel good, everyone feels good!  
4. It's not always easy to find time to Exercise, some days for sure it can be, but there is always ways you can fit it in, get up early like I do, do it with the kids on the wii or outside when the weather is nice.  Get out for family walks or hikes or bike rides when the weather is good like now :)  Every minute counts!
5. Building relationships through exercise!  What a great thing you can do for your family, your friends.  Find a buddy or your spouse.  I LOVE working out with my hubby when he is able too.  I also have a few friends who come over ever so often to work out.  It's a great time to catch up, chat and do some sweating at the same time.  It also helps me move faster, lift more, when you have that extra support!
6. It helps with disease.  I don't know about you but I would prefer to live a long and healthy life.  I am grateful that I don't have high blood pressure or diabetes, but there are a lot who do.  Being healthy in what you eat is just as important as getting exercise!
7.Eat when you exercise, you have to eat.  Every pound of muscle you gain needs food, eat to fuel your body, make good choices.  But also remember that if you don't always make the best choice not to beat yourself up.  You need to live life and have a slice of birthday cake, but be happy with smaller portions.  The other night I was out for girls night, which I LOVE, we were out for dinner, I ordered a salad and sandwich, it was so yummy, I took my time enjoyed every bite ummm so good.  I snuck a few fries from my friend and was totally happy with the 3 fries with a little gravy, so yummy, but was happy just to have those.  Then dessert came, I was full, I had a lot of water, and just didn't feel like adding that to my count.  So I passed.  My friends all ordered, but I was happy to sit and enjoy the conversation and didn't feel like I was missing anything!
8. Having your clothes fit a little better, a little looser, having more definition in your body.  Yes please!  by lifting weights and doing cardio you will get stronger.  I can now see more definition in my body, I can sprint after my children with out feeling like I will die!  I have a more positive out look and feel more confident!
9.Healhy heart.  We all need one of these to live a long life.  It's so essential.  Aerobic exercise helps build endurance by keeping it pumping for a period of time!  You aren't as tired when you fit this in to your daily activities!
10.Of course you will lose weight and feel great about yourself.  As I have mentioned above in a few of the others listed.  
When you feel good, the world feels good, and there is so much positive out there!
When you don't feel good, there is too much negative that sneaks in.  I am living where there is out with the old and in with the new.  A more happier positive momma (as my 3 year old calls me) at this house.  I want my children to have a happy life and be positive about life. 
I want to be a good example to them!!
~T

No comments:

Post a Comment